Information about EAL by internationally recognized EAL practitioners and organizations:
- Leif Hallberg
- The Equine-Assisted Growth and Learning Association
- Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy: improving engagement for young people in therapy through
- Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning
- Burgon, H. L. (2011). ‘Queen of the world’: Experiences of ‘at-risk’ young people participating in equine-assisted learning/therapy. Journal of Social Work Practice, 25(02), 165-183.
- An in-depth ethnographic study of young people’s experiences participating in equine-assisted learning.
- Staudt, M., & Cherry, D. (2017). Equine-facilitated therapy and trauma: Current knowledge, future needs. Advances in Social Work, 18(1), 403-414.
- A review of studies evaluating equine-facilitated therapy for individuals with a history of trauma.