Resilience books for caregivers, educators, and professionals authored by internationally recognized youth resilience scholars:
- Dr. Michael Ungar, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Robert Brooks, Harvard Medical School
- Dr. Ann Masten, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Sandra Prince-Embury, Resiliency Institute of Allenhurst
Southwick, S. M., Bonanno, G. A., Masten, A. S., Panter-Brick, C., & Yehuda, R. (2014). Resilience definitions, theory, and challenges: Interdisciplinary perspectives. European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 5, 25338.
- This paper discusses current issues in the field of resilience research, including its definition, determinants, and promotion strategies. Emphasizes the multi-dimensional nature of resilience and recognizes opportunities for its development on multiple levels (e.g., individual, relational, family, community, and systemic).
- This infographic provides a brief overview of 7 promising protective factors that have been shown to promote children’s resilience following exposure to intimate partner violence.